Deutsche Bands
works@Lingvist

Hallo zusammen!

Nudged by @Marina's thread of great Russian Rock and by the fact that (subjectively speaking) there have not been this many great German bands making awesome deutschsprachige Musik in a long time, I thought I would start a Deutsche Bands thread.

Music is an awesome way to assist your language learning endeavours. It can be used to memorise things easily (some of you may have learned your Dative prepositions to the tune of Strauss' An der schönen blauen Donau), it can be mined for vocab, or it can simply be a motivating and mood-enhancing way to dive into the desired language.

So, have any favourite German bands or songs? Share below!!

last edited by Lisa-Lingvist
works@Lingvist

I would really want to see some videos pop up here because my knowledge of the German-speaking music ends here:

works@Lingvist

@Marina
One of my favs is Silbermond. Just went to their concert again Friday night. Check out their song Leichtes Gespäck (Lightweight luggage).

I can also recommend Lyrics Translate. They have translations of song lyrics in various languages. Try it out for the song above.

last edited by Marina

Oh, I'm struggling not to post a list of my favorite NDH bands that do help a lot, though are too typical to share 😒. Here is a less know one with a nice ballade with lyrics from Die Lorelei by Heinrich Heine.

Also, there is a nice song to learn irregular verbs.

works@Lingvist

@dev_temp
Haha, love the song about irregular verbs. Thanks for sharing. And the Loreley one is quite lyrical and probably more for the advanced learner but you can really practice the genitive with it ;) .
You are also welcome to post music by Rammstein or Hämatom or whoever you like :).

@Lisa-Lingvist Vielen Dank für den Hinweis. Ich hab' über Hämatom nicht gewusst. Klingt gut bisher. 🙂

last edited by dev_temp

P.S. Was "wissen von" more appropriate there?
Schwere Sprache...

works@Lingvist

@dev_temp I'd say 'Ich habe von Hämatom noch nicht gehört.' oder 'Ich kannte Hämaton bisher nicht.'

I'm happy with children's songs for now because I'm speaking German with my infant daughter. I'm less a fan of Rammstein :) But for now, Funkel, funkel kleiner Stern, ach wie bist du mir so fern!

During the World Cup I do enjoy a round of AUF GEHT'S DEUTSCHLAND, SCHIEẞT EIN TOR, though.

I will be following this discussion, though. When I was learning Japanese, Japanese music wasn't the most useful thing for me, but maybe with German it will be. Especially since I don't live in a German-speaking country.

last edited by Kyle Goetz
works@Lingvist

I just went to Max Giesinger's concert and wanted to suggest another song. Check out 80 Millionen.

I think he is a good artist to learn German with, as he doesn't sing too fast, uses high German and normal language.

last edited by Lisa-Lingvist

Sportfreunde Stiller - 54, 74, 90, 2010

A must-known song for every football fan. Not very accurate by the way, but the song was recorded way before the championship 2014 :) How is it possible to embedd YouTube-Videos by the way?

last edited by Michael 0

Looks like your connection to Deutsche Bands was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.