after 5000 words, is there any new excerceises?

English learner, after 5000 words, is there any new excerceises?

Here's one: you should have used "are" and not "is" in that sentence :-P

works@Lingvist

@Craftsman

Hi there!
First of all, excellent job reaching 5000 words in our English course!

Here is a special thread we created for our Lingvist graduates. You will find many useful learning tools that I encourage you to try out and improve your English further.

There is a few things you can do to keep learning with Lingvist too!

1. Take a break for a few days, and your repeat stack will fill up again.
  2. We also added a new feature that offers users a chance to keep learning. After you reach the end of the course, you will see a screen that takes you to the graduate thread in our forum, which I mentioned above. Then you will see a screen that shows you your stats and asks you if you want to continue learning. Simply click on continue learning and you will be offered the next batch of cards. Once you finish this batch, note that you will have to go through this cycle every time for new cards to be generated.
  3. I also saw that you started to learn German with us. I encourage you to learn Deutsch with us and graduate here as well.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

I haven't reached 5000 words, but what I hope is that once I get there I don't have to use learning material anymore and can focus on real content. Then after some months I get back to learning material but for another language, and make this an ongoing cycle throughout my life. I learned English as a second language (my native language is Portuguese) to a very satisfying level of fluency and I never engaged into learning materials, it was just years of exposure to real content. But it was never focused, never a conscious daily effort, and it took 4-5 years to achieve fluency (what I consider fluency: thinking in the language without conscious effort). I think the fluency time can be shrunk by using some strategy, so what I hope Lingvist can do for me, specially its flashcards, is accelerate the initial phase of learning: getting me to basic understanding in about 8 months (5k words, 20 words a day), so I can then simply dive into reading and watching real world content I enjoy. Since I haven't tried this to completion, I can't still be sure how well it will work.

last edited by Juan Pazos

Looks like your connection to after 5000 words was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.