A sip of culture: Russian rock
works@Lingvist

A Russian music streaming service Yandex Music has released a one-shot video tribute to Viktor Tsoi after the total time spent on listening to his songs on the resource exceeded 1000 years.

Viktor Tsoi would have turned 55 today.

Got any favorite Russian songs too? Share below!

last edited by Marina
works@Lingvist

Thanks, @Ezekiel-Straße, that's some serious alternative rock 🍾 👠 👹 🤐

Challenging you to a summer song 🌻
Here's my pick, straight from my student days!

works@Lingvist

Would like to keep this thread fresh!

Posting another track with a tour of Moscow, or, as the band puts it, город-сказка, город-мечта:

last edited by Marina
Lingvist graduate

I couln't chose :) Here some Би-2 et Земфира.

works@Lingvist

Oooh, @Marine awesome picks!! Thanks!!! I'd definitely pick those tracks as well. Let's continue the thread.

According to the Russian Wikipedia, "Utekay", or Drain Away, recorded by the Mumiy Troll in 1997, was awarded a place on "The 40 Tracks that Changed the World" list composed by the Rolling Stone magazine. I couldn't find the very article to verify it, so we are just left with that - trusting Russian Wikipedia and enjoying the video clip.

By the way, it is said that the model was shaved bald for realz during the shooting of the video, because it's a rock band and stuff has got to be authentic.

last edited by Marina
works@Lingvist

Видно, в понедельник их мама родила...

last edited by Marina
works@Lingvist

For all of you to have a blast summer weekend, here's a song that will make you jump like a punk:

Leprikonsy - a Belarussian band, singing about sudden love and how the moments of feeling super outperform the breakup. #thatsmature They sing about it much better 😂

By the way, don't try to make sense of хали-гали, паратрупер & супер-8. These are attraction names in the Minsk amusement park.

Хали-гали! Straight from 1999🤘

last edited by Marina

Looks like your connection to A sip of culture: Russian rock was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.