Landscape mode
  • I'm using your new Beta on iPad at the moment, and I'm missing landscape mode. With landscape you get bigger keys for entering and also it's a much more comfortable way to use an iPad when you have it resting on your lap. It's not a criticism but I'd love to see it back.

last edited by Marina Shutova
  • I never got the chance to see the beta (how to get on the testing list?), but the new version pushed out today REALLY suffers from this. We absolutely need landscape mode for iPads for precisely the reasons you say.

Lingvist, please bring this back and fast. Otherwise, I fear I'll be consigning the app to the bin. It would be a shame because I've been a big supporter of the app.

There's no reason to have done this.

• works@Lingvist

Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback!

Our recent update to the native app has meant that we had to disable landscape mode on tablets for now. We're working towards bringing it back in the near future so please bare with us.

Totally understand that landscape is the more favourable view on tablets, and removing it for now was not an easy decision. The reasons behind it are technical as we are striving to make our mobile and tablet apps much faster, cleaner, and just generally better quality.

I may suggest that, for now, you could use the browser version on Safari or Chrome — Just until we update the native application. The browser version is fully responsive, and works in both portrait and landscape mode.

Big thanks for you patience on this! We'll let you know once the native app is fully updated.

• works@Lingvist

A bit of an update / sneak peak.

Here are some quick snaps of our on-going iPad app design :) Comments? Thoughts?

0_1481202138080_Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.57.40.png

1_1481202138081_Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.57.53.png

• @Jonn looking good. Just so long as there's functionality there.

I use an iPad Pro 12.9" and the best way to use it is in landscape.

Why not release it to your testers and get some feedback?

(How do I become a tester?)

• works@Lingvist

Hi Les, Chris&Sue - we've done a lot of work on the landscape mode on iPad and would welcome your feedback. Please send me your Apple ID email info to ellen@lingvist.io - I'll then reply with an invitation to the testversion of the iOS app.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

last edited by Ellen
    Views
  • Looks like your connection to Landscape mode was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.