When will the reading and listening sections be available in the German course?

Hello,

One of the very cool features that make me want to use Lingvist is the reading and listening sections we find in the English course.

Do you have an idea when these two features will be available to German learner? I am so excited about that :D

Thank you

Can you please upvote the question just to get the attention of the Lingvist team?

works@Lingvist

@agabudeeb Please excuse the slow reply from our side. We have been so busy creating new content and other exciting things that forum responses have taken a back seat for a bit.

Sorry to break it to you regarding Reading and Listening sections for German, but this is not on the immediate roadmap. We do realize that reading and listening skills are vital to learning a language and we are working to get you that. But you won't be seeing this feature in the next while.

That being said, there are other, super exciting features coming over the next 6-8 weeks, which will ask you to do more than just type in a word! So hold tight and when it's out, let us know what you think!

alt text

last edited by Lisa-Lingvist

@Lisa-Ockinga would you mind dropping a hint as to what's coming up? :)

@Lisa-Ockinga I'm finding the German course really frustrating as I just cannot remember the words and you keep throwing more at me. There is no context, just memorising sentences. I don't like this course at all.

works@Lingvist

Hi @Aleks, made you wait a while - sorry about that. One of the exciting things is that we have developed exercises! These have been released for the EN>RU course, currently on iOS only and for new users in A/B testing. Currently, we are just testing the format which is why these exercises are only available for one language pair at the moment. If you speak any Russian though you are welcome to sign up with a new account and try your luck with A/B testing and see how you like them! That, of course, goes for all of our other users as well ;-).

I'm very sad to know that it will take a long time before have the fully featured german course.
I agree with the previous frustrated comments and would add that without reading and listening this course is just useless.

works@Lingvist

Hey @Gabriel, I hear your concern. Like you, I am learning German with Lingvist and would really wish to see reading and listening exercises be part of the learning experience. Bringing good-quality reading and listening content into the app is a complex and pricey task (and requires answering a few legal questions, too) hence the waiting time.

As you might have heard, we have recently launched in Taiwan and Japan, and this is where a lot of our resources are going at the moment. Many tasks are losing priority battles during sprint plannings, even though we recognise the importance of these tasks and are very keen on bringing it into the app.

There are a few things you can do in the meantime

We have a Stacks folder here on our forum, where we collect "good third-party stuff". There are two conversations with links to reading and listening resources. Have a look:

1. Listening exercieses in German
  2. Reading exercises in German

Thumb up those resources, which you find most useful, and share your own findings, if you have any.
We are very lucky to have an enthusiastic group of learners, sharing their findings on this forum.

Welcome aboard!

last edited by Marina

Looks like your connection to When will the reading and listening sections be available in the German course? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.