Listening exercises for German
  • works@Lingvist

Hi there! Has anyone come across any good resources for listening exercises to supplement learning German with Lingvist?

• works@Lingvist

@Ave
    This youtube channel is actually quite interesting. It has real conversations, with both German and English subtitles. Check it out and let me know what you think!

• works@Lingvist

I also wanted to add these two great links for intermediate and advanced learners:
    Der Vorleser offers free (and legal!) audio books to download and listen too. There is classic literature like Kafka's "Die Verwandlung" as well as crime stories, children's literature and even poems such as the famous "Der Erlkönig" from Goethe. So if you're into audio books and want to improve your German, have a look.

And secondly, the Goethe Institute offers this podcast site. There are 10 minute listening clips along with transcribed PDFs to download to read along! You can even download them as poscast via iTunes!

• works@Lingvist

Thanks, @Lisa-Ockinga, I'll check it out!

• @Ave I don't know your level, so there are couple worth mentioning materials. Feel free to check them out and find what fits the best:
    Deutsch to go
    Slow German podcast by Annik Rubens
    Langsam gesprochene Nachrichten
    Plenty of German audio courses from DW
    Der Podcast der Duden-Sprachberatung
    Get Germanized Youtube channel
    Germanpod101 - it's not totally free, but you can access lots of different lessons with a free account.
    Deutsch perfekt Audio kompakt

Those are if you would like to have some free materials. Also, if you are willing to spend some money, I would recommend you to take a look at Deutsch perfekt magazine and Deutsch perfekt Audio. Moreover, I like Pimsleur course very much, but it's dern expensive.

• CoffeeBreak German returns with season 2, if someone is interested.

• Movies and tv shows with subtitles:
    zdf.de

• I one billion percent recommend Glossika. I did it for about a month before starting to do italki sessions with actual native speakers, and it made a gigantic difference in my comprehension.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Listening exercises for German was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.